Library to offer Art Classes and Business Workshops
With funds from a 2016 LSTA grant, the library will offer several arts and crafts classes during July and August. All classes and supplies are free and classes will be filled on a first come-first serve basis. Workshops on marketing and selling handmade items will be scheduled soon.
The current schedule for classes is as follows:
* Basics of handmade jewelry for teens and adults will be held Friday, July 15, 2016 from 9:00-2:00 (30 minute lunch on your own). Instructor: Jeannie Lambert of Camden.
* Wood painting for adults will be held on Thursday, July 21, 2016 from 1:00-4:00. Instructor: Shelly Grimes of Spanish Fort, AL.
* Gel printing for children in grades 4-6 will be held on July 27, 2016 from 1:00-3:00. Instructor: Marilyn Ammons of Spanish Fort, AL and Camden.
* Paper Piecing Quilting classes will be held on August 23 and 30, 2016. Participants will attend both classes which will be from 9:00-2:00 with lunch on your own. Instructor: Leslie Zacchini of Forest Home, AL.
* The ongoing papercrafts “Cuttin Up” Club schedule is available at the library. Instructor: Crystal Reynolds.
Patrons of the library can now browse their collection of books, movies, audio books or reserve and renew items online. To sign in from home visit http://wilcox.biblionix.com use your library card number and your phone number on file at the library for access.
Anyone interested in these classes may come by the library Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or call 334-682-4355 to sign up or for more information.