Commissioner John Moton’s home “a total loss” after late-night fire

screen-shot-2016-11-30-at-2-21-15-pm

By Ethan Van Sice

At approximately 2:55 a.m. Sunday morning, Camden Volunteer firefighters were called to 314 Clifton Street in response to a house fire. The house belonged to Wilcox County Commissions Chairman John R. Moton, Jr. Moton was asleep inside the home when the fire started. “It definitely wasn’t a good way to wake up,” he said, “I had to crawl out on my hands and knees.” An assessment to the home was administered Monday afternoon. According to Moton, the initial blaze started in the attic. Due to excessive electrical damage in the ceilings, Moton says, the home was deemed a “a total loss”. No investigative reports were initially filed since nobody was injured. However, Comm. Moton eventually filed a document reporting stolen goods following the fir, including two T.V.’s and some of his clothing.

CLICK HERE to help !!!

Leave a Comment